Rosendale is JUST FINE where he is, IN CONGRESS, rabble rousing. He should have won against Tester, but the GOP establishment didn't want a hellion in that seat, and Matt definitely has some rough edges, social conservatism that at least rubs this Montana sortalibertarian the wrong way pretty hard. I know some pretty darn solid conservatives who pretty much feel Rosendale is "better" than Tester but I'd like more, with a lot less of the hard "social conservative" stuff.

In the meantime, the ads running show that Sheehy terrorizes the national Left. He is, at least now, more "electable." His ranch is bigger than Rosendale's, his accent is not Maryland, his aviation firm is a bright spot in the economy (and a cool business)....

So, there's a federal PAC that popped up out of nowhere and the treasurer is Dave Lewis.

What matters there is, Lewis was treasurer for a total "green decoy" entity called the North Fund, basically potheads and Greens getting together to grab pot tax revenues for "conservation" mostly consisting of land-grabbing. John Burns caught part of that story, and a good part, you guys shouldn't diss him so much, he actually "gets" what's going on with Greens pretending to be sportspeople. There's a SMALL minority of hunters and fishers who are left-wing freaks, and they spend left-wing political money.

But something like five million bucks got poured into a ballot-issue campaign in Montana, the initiative was 60 PAGES of fine print, all of if some of the darkest political money I've seen, laundered through subsidiaries of the Arabella network which is running through nearly two billion in untraceable political cash average the last several years. Dave Lewis, a long-time "centrist Republican" was one of the public faces of the pot campaign, and get this, former NRA lobbyist-now-pothead Pepper Petersen was the other. Bottom line is both Dave and Pepper will shill for anyone who pays them, I have nothing but contempt for those men.

NOW, the Sheehy Sucks ads are fronted by "Last Best Place" PAC, a new Federal pop up that HAS NOT BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO REVEAL ANY DONORS. LBP is headquartered out of Helena 59624, that zip code is a special US post office for UPS-store-class "addresses of record." The box owner is not open to public inspection or disclosure, it's just a mail drop. But given that Dave Lewis, after taking money from the dark Beltway Left for the pot initiative, is now the front man for LBP (hey, keep in mind Last Best Place was ginned up by a hopelessly left-wing "Montana writer" and is a favorite phrase of Montana Communists), has me waiting for the first fiscal reports (next year sometime) and I won't be surprised at all when I finally do see the donor list and can figure out where the cash entered the laundry.

So, if you want to actually win that Senate seat, right now the best bet is Sheehy. I still don't know how much of a carpetbagger he is, I have suspicions, but the Commies here AND in DC are hating on him pretty hard. He has the potential to be dangerous either way. If he's dangerous in a good way, he'll be amazingly effective. I just hope to Hades there will be enough information about the "real Tim Sheehy" for me to make an informed, REALLY informed choice when the primary rolls around.

Again, kids, I wish you'd diss John Burns less. He's right about getting off the couch and getting out your wallet.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.