@bsa1917hunter or anyone else that might know the answer to this question. I was trying to install Leupold scope bases on a custom pre-64 Model 70 I bought a few months back. The new gun is a 416 Remington, with a serial number 446xx. I had a 1-6 VX6HD on my pre64 in 375 H&H, with Weaver Rings. My plan was to move the 1-6 VX6HD and rings to the 416, and I had bought a new VX6HD 2-12 I was going to put on the 375, with new weaver rings.

So my conundrum. I bought the same set of bases I typically buy for my model 70's (Leupold 49838). They don't fit the 416 though. When I look at the package for the scope bases, it says "Pre 64 Win Model 70 Serial # Above 66,360". I'll be honest, I never noticed that disclaimer on the mounts in the past, so I must have not used them on any of my earlier model 70's.

My hope is to not buy new rings for the 1-6 VXHD I want to mount, so I'm hoping for a weaver style base. This is probably not accurate to hundredth of an inch, but my rough measurement shows the front base has a hole spacing of 7/8", which I believe to be pretty standard. But the rear base hole spacing is only 3/8".

Any recommendations on a weaver style mount that would fit my gun?