Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bobdahunter
The pictures with the mount/scope are the pics from the seller. He kept that mount and scope when he sold/shipped it. The gun sitting on the vice is how it looks now in my basement.

Recoil reducer arriving this week, so I'll send a pic after I get new mounts and the scope put on.

Oh, ok. Yeah, those scope mounts looked semi custom. Not really eye appealing. Hopefully your smith can bang out a nice set. Who knows, maybe the pre 64 H&H mounts would work. I'd be giving those a try first. Wouldn't be hard to make something work though. Keep us posted. Thanks..

Those look like EAW quick detachable mounts to me. Quite pricey but said to return to zero perfectly. A good match for that rifle IMO.

Yes, they look similar to EAW's. However, not a great match IMHO. We all have our likes and dislikes. A simple pair of steel warnes, Leupold QRW/PRW weaver style mounts is all that is needed. Something less complex looking and not nearly as tacky looking as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA