Originally Posted by erikj
I can dig it, Cash. I don't have any experience with the sips you showed, but I have a little imp experience. Did you look into something like what Kingspan offers?

https://www.kingspan.com/us/en/products/insulated-panel-systems/

Kingspan make fantastic (IMP) insulated metal panels ... We've used them for a great number of projects over the years for our wall and roof panels, before Kingspan, there were API panels back in the early 2000's, the original "sandwich panels" as we call them in the field.. simply because of the similarity to the ice cream sandwich.... These days we have several mfg's who make the IMP (Insulated Metal Panels) IE sandwhich panels ... One of the better ones is MTL-Span ... I'm an mfg authorized installer for MTL-Span on Alaska's military bases, the USACE JBER military base where we have done $80 mil projects back in 2014-2016 .. And the Eielson AFB where we built the Hangars for thr F-35 Lightning 2 fighter jets, My current Federally funded project just completed was for the FAA, a small $3mil building that used the "R-Seal" wall and roof insulated panels that did not have the metal outer layers as per KingSpan & MTL-Span, R-Seal is simply a foam panel that is installed on the steel wall girts & roof purlins of building then a metal siding "skin" is layered on top ..... Really cool panels as they are feather light and only require two guys to install since they don't have the metal layers on both sides to add mass weight

R-Seal panels are made in Washington and if any of you need more info I can provide you info for direct contact ....

Anyway, the gist of this post is ... We had some 35 ft 8 inch long x 5" thick 36R roof panels left over after completion of the roofing, I notified the Owner/FAA and they wanted nothing to do with the extra roof panels and left it up to the contractor to remove all extra materials from the site, so I was stuck with them .... I chopped them up into equal lengths of 8 ft 10 3/4" .... All in all with drops & rips I have about 65 LF of (8' 10 3/4" height) wall coverage .... My shooting cabin walls/insulation for my 1k+ shooting range !!!!

Yayy !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".