Originally Posted by huntsman22
What's weird to me is people that can sit in one for more than an hour. Diff'rent strokes.......

Don, the difference in the habitat we hunt might ‘splain some of that. There’s seldom a dull moment in the Eastern hardwoods. Wildlife density, not necessarily deer, is high and there’s almost never a time when there’s not something going on: birds, rodents, small mammals of various sorts. I once spent a bunch of deerless hours watching a woodchuck (he was living in the woods after all) trundling back and forth with his mouth stuffed with leaves, plugging up the doors to his den for the winter. Another time on a snowy day I watched a big fat ringneck a few yards away feeding off multiflora rose hips, jumping up and plucking them one by one. Wish I had video of that, but it was long before smartphones and video cameras were about the size of a handi-vac. I’ve had birds land on the barrel of my rifle, squirrels come within inches of climbing over my head, and the mangiest-looking fox I ever saw would’ve stepped on my feet if I hadn’t moved to ward him off. I’ve had some really close encounters too while still- hunting, though often those involved either deer holding tight in hopes I’d not notice them, or moving towards me on their own. Haven’t touched one yet, but have been about ten feet from one that moved the last few yards towards me, then fed off without catching my stink.

What fresh Hell is this?