Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by ihookem
I only leave my gun , bow , climber and back pack in the woods if I need to drag a deer out. I always get a deer right at dark and is dark by the time I start dragging. I burry it in leaves or under a log. Before first light , I am there to pick it up and this is on high pressured public land . never had a problem and never keep bullets in the pack or gun.
You will stop that the one time you go to retrieve it and a rodent has used the buttpad or stock as a tooth sharpener.

Gun to the truck then back to get the critter if I need to make 2 trips.

It will never happen. I hun so far back in the marsh that I only saw 2 hunters in 8 yrs. hunting the marsh.. When I leave, there is no one there . By the time I get back to my truck , there is almost never another truck there. Most all the hunters head for the truck before closing cause they are afraid of the marsh and finding their way out in the dark. Even in high pressured hunting land , most hunters dont hunt much and are long gone , and close to the truck when they do hunt. One time , I hid my gun so good, I couldnt see it from 5' away.. Aint no one going to find it. The marsh is a nasty ass [bleep] hole full of fallen ash trees and 5' high marsh grass, cat tails and much holes... The deer are there though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23