A few years ago I was hunting with some friend’s at a private ranch that was owned by one of the friend’s family. A little over 500 acres down a 2 miles private dirt road. There were several of us there for a weekend. As we were leaving we found some odd traffic on the way out and then a sheriff’s vehicle. Not a half hour down the road my buddy receives a call from his dad that his dad’s car and several items had been stolen from the property, including a few guns left in a wooden gun cabinet.

The cops found the guy in front of a cheap motel room down the road in either Killeen or Copperas Cove, I can’t remember, still in possession of all the items stolen from my friend’s dad. Nothing damaged or missing. They found him not an hour after he drove out in the stolen vehicle.

Everything was stolen from the house as the father ran down the hill to do some chore. He was only gone for maybe a half hour from the house. We all said goodbye to him just prior him going to do whatever it was that he had to do. That means the Norwegian who stole the goods had been watching us in hiding.

You never really know who may or may not be somewhere. So, no, I don’t leave guns lying around.