Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by pete53
after reading all these problems i guess i will have to just take my rifle back to the cabin most of the time.

And you've still only evolved to "most of the time". SMH

my area has very few people hunting and not many people live in this area , its 8 miles to the Canadian border/ Northern Minnesota all the land around there is private, i am in a tamarac swamp on my own land . this year my rifle stayed in the stand loaded for 10 days and not even a human track near my stand within a 1/2 mile its very wild i see martins most days by my stand , fishers some days even a Lynx this year 40 feet from me laying down looking at me and always deer around, i am 1 mile from my old cabin too 1 1/4 miles from a dirt road. it is not the same as where most people hunt ,park at to hunt or live by to hunt .

And that makes sense. There are places that so few people go that it just does not matter. If there is a person back there to steal your gun, I can all but guarantee he is a woodsman with ethics. As for me again, I hunt very high pressured public land in S.E Wis. and almost never see a hunter , even in gun season. I also hunt in N.W WIs. and is much more populated than where Pete53 hunts and I have not seen a hunter since 2009 and am quite sure he was lost but too prideful to come to me for directions. I have never had a person on my trail cam back there except one time and had one out there for 10 yrs. There are places where literally , no one goes. My cam is about 3/4 mi. off the nearest logging road and I can only get there by john boat going down a river about 1/2 mi. However, I always take my gun cause I am only 200 yds from the john boat . EDIT: If I leave after a morning hunt and leave my gun in the blind,, I WILL SE THE BIGGEST BUCK IN THE COUNTY.

Last edited by ihookem; 01/14/24.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23