The 375 Weatherby cartridges fit in my 375 H&H AI. Obviously, the H&H does too. So, if I had to use factory ammo, either would work fine, I suspect. I had a box of 300 grain solid factory ammo (H&H) I paid $10 for (19 loaded and 1 once fired). A cousin that safari's a bit told me that was a poor bullet/load. It worked well for busting rocks and forming cases, however.

Why the AI? Because that was what it was when I bought it. I suspect that I bought it at a much lower price than if it were a standard H&H chamber. Besides dies came with the rifle. I'm not worried about what it will bring when it is sold, that will be one of my kids problems. From all the reading I've done the AI and the Weatherby are identical in performance. I have not had the experience to verify that.
The rifle I have is a pre-64 Model 70. The trigger is 3 lb and crisp. Shooting off the bench full power loads in it feels lighter than full power loads in the 375H&H I had. The 375 H&H went away. That stock on the M70 fits me to a "T".

I'll not likely go to Africa again. But this rifle might be used in Texas at a high fence ranch or maybe on a white tail doe. A guy just needs a rifle like this, just in case the opportunity rises. Meanwhile it's a fun rifle to shoot. grin

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally