Originally Posted by CZ550
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by CZ550
Originally Posted by memtb
Bugger, The LRX’s are marginally slower….but have improved BC! Here’s my numbers, though the cold weather numbers may be a bit lower. memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

According to Barnes the 270 LRX BC is .449 not 541.

And lower the temps in fall- early winter to 40* or less in this area at 1200 feet ele. At 3100 fps is good for 500 - 550 yds for expansion.(+2000 fps)

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

If that is the case, the .424 of the 250 vs the .449 of the 270 would keep me using the 250 version.

I would agree - so I'll continue using the 250 TTSX.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

I hate “light for caliber” bullets …..even in the monos. With the 270’s, the velocity and energy gains may not be much @ 8 or 900 yards, plus they’re also shooting great…..so, I’ll stay with them!

I only went to the 250’s after waiting years for Barnes to make a heavier, high BC bullet…..finally gave up, and bought a bunch of 250’s. Then, within a few years……Barnes brings out the 270 LRX’s 🤬. Seems I can’t win!

If I run out and can’t get any before I die…..I still have a bunch of 250’s to fall back on, and I still have the load data! 😉 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/17/24.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024