Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
any difference in muzzle blast will tend to favor the 45 . It operates at a lower chamber pressure than the 44 for equivalent loads

I find this true. If I load similar weigh bullets to the same velocity I think the LC has less muzzle blast and seems to reach the same speeds with less pressure. I've been a huge 44 fan since I bought 2 anacondas in the 90's. However now that I'm older I'm carrying a 45 lc more. I have 2 mtn guns, one in 44 and one in 45 lc that I've compared to each other. Both with 250g range bullets at about 1050. The 45 was more pleasant to shoot.

I finally found my lipseys exclusive Blackhawk convertible 45 stainless 4&5/8" flattop. It's on its way to my ffl now. At 36 ounces I think it will be a nice carry gun in the woods. I've been loading some 252g lee semi wadcutters for my colts that I cast and they do well at about 1050. I need to find another mold though because lee only makes that 252 in a 2 cavity. I'll have to see what MP can make me. I'll be shoot more 45 lc now. I also bought the 3.75" bisley 45 convertible too but it's a bit heavier.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 01/21/24.