Originally Posted by Deans
This battery thing is kinda a non issue. How many of you have ever had to replace a battery in a cell phone or other similar item. It ain't going to be that difficult and chances are you may have to pay a fee and it'll be done. One thing to note, run the batteries down before charging. It exercises the battery. If you constantly charge it, they develop a memory.

The battery is lithium-ion and it is my understanding it is best not run it down just keep it charged. Lithium-ion does not develop memory like older batteries.[/quote]

We use alot of Lithium Ion's for our work and any battery will develop memory. Lead Acid will do it faster but Li-Ion will as well. Our practice is to use the batteries fully then recharge them in order to maintain their life. The great part about Li-Ions is their ability to provide power (voltage) from full to almost out whereas a lead acid will have about 70% of its usable capacity when new and never gets any better.

I still don't think charging/using them in either method will hurt them for a very long time. It doesn't seem to be a big power hog. Last trip on the range it was 15 degree and I was out shooting for 3 hours or so and from a full charge the units battery life barely came off full. I was pretty impressed by that.

Semper Fi