Lithium batteries can go bad prematurely. It’s not uncommon. The cordless tool manufacturers probably have more experience with lithium batteries under tough conditions than any other industry out there. Once in a while a battery will go bad prematurely.

I’d still be using my iPhone 8 if it wasn’t for the battery becoming weak. I’d much rather not spent the $950 on a new phone—that money would’ve bought a lot of smokeless powder……

The Doppler radar chrono’s don’t seem to use a lot of power. I have a 10,500 mAh Iniu battery pack (that replaced a 10,000 mAh Anker battery after it died less than two years after I bought it) that runs my LR. I leave my LR on the entire time I’m at the range and record any shot send down range to the 100 or 200 yd targets. After 5 hours I still have 75% charge on the battery pack.

Not to mention I’m sure a chunk of the cost of a internal battery in these new units adds a lot more to the cost of the unit, when an external battery source would be less expensive and easy to replace.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.