Years ago, I was hesitant to use a .223 on deer. At the time my wife had been using my old 30-06 and hated it. I talked to an acquaintance who had killed numerous deer with a .223 and convinced me to give it a try. We got some 55 gr SP and took it out she shot this muley doe at 300 (single lung and liver) and it ran up the hill. She the followed it up with a heart shot at 360yds. That evening she dropped this whitetail doe with one shot at 200yds. I believe to this day the 360yd shot was the longest we took with a .223.

About 3 years ago I switched to using a 22-250 with 60 grain Noslers (Can't find them anymore unfortunately). Unreal how killing of a round that is. The farthest we have used that was again my wife, who shot a buck on the last day of the 22' season at 500 yds. He jumped up, spun around, and fell over dead. We have probably shot 50+ deer with that 22-250 now, little does to big bucks, and I am always impressed at the killing power of such a small bullet. It feels like shooting a pellet gun, but hits like a lightning bolt!

Attached Images
Image.jpg (30.15 KB, 570 downloads)
Image 1.jpg (23.31 KB, 572 downloads)