Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The guy in charge of the electric bus fleet in Asheville NC said their electric buses cost $1 million each. In the OP the guy said that a diesel bus costs only $140,000. Asheville bought 5 electric buses. Three of them have quit running. On the two that do work, they can run only 74 miles on a cold winter day before they have to go back to the garage for a lengthy recharge.

I don't know the range of a diesel bus but I can say that my old 18-wheeler got 7 mpg and I had 212 gallons of fuel on board. That truck could run 1,400 miles on a tank full, in summer, or in winter made no difference.

Asheville is Liberal Land. It doesn't mention this in the article I posted, but those greenies bought electric buses [with taxpayer dollars] to fight Climate Change. It is great to fight Climate Change with other people's money.

and we are talking winter weather in North Carolina... where anyone knows Montana is much worse for cold weather...

anything about electric buses or other vehicles, they only tell everyone, what they want everyone else to think..
Think Baghdad Bob.... Wonder where he went? He's stateside, and head of Marketing for an electric Bus manufacturer.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez