Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by shootem
Y’all can pull your pork and crock your butts, but it don’t compare to barbeque . And if there’s not hardwood smoke involved it ain’t barbeque. Lots of “Eastern NC” barbeque is baked pork with very few working pits and chimneys.

Lancaster’s?
This is true go to the lighthouse in ayden nc and you will see plies of wood and a guy chopping whole hog everything but the squeal as they say they been cooking there for about 50 years and some days there is a line out the door ,barbeque, slaw and cornbread that's the menu.

Bum's there in Ayden used to cook on wood. I haven't been there in years but I thought it was better than Skylight back then and they had a full menu if someone didn't want pork.
Yea skylight I was not paying attention to my fingers or my mind, Bum's is still there and cooking good que also ,Parker's in Greenville and Wilson are still good but chop a little fine for my taste but the sauce is good . Sam Jones, the guy who inherited the skylight has his own restaurant in Winterville and cooks the same as the ayden restaurant but with a larger menu and better hours it's simply named Sam Jones Barbeque

Morris bbq near hookerton was a favorite of mine. They only open on Saturdays, it's another old store...kinda looks like several old chit houses pulled together. Haven't been there in at least 3 years but it was great last time. Sorta like the Skylight Inn.
Check out Marty's in Wilson next time you're here - they are about as good as it gets in today's world.

Wife's mom likes Marty's, she complains over the price in-between the great compliments.....then she forgets the whole event.
I'm trying to get my dick-do disease under control so BBQ joints are out for a while.
Hope you're doing well!