Originally Posted by DonFischer
I have used W-760 data a number of time with H-414 powder. I always start low though and work up wit one round going from several grails under to max W-760 data. I've heard the same about them being the same but I do pressure test before getting crazy! Has always worked for me. Didn't know AA-2700 was also the same but I'd still pressure test it first.

It's been a while now since Hodgdon started publishing exactly the same loads for H414 and W760 in their on-line data. In fact, before they revised the site in the past year they still list identical loads for both powders, but with the new data program you have to call them up separately. I just did that with 165-grain bullets in the .308 Winchester and yep, they're exactly the same in maximum load, pressure and velocity.

Might also mention, as I have few times before here, but it's no longer Accurate Arms (AA) powder, and hasn't been since Ramshot purchased AA around 20 years ago--when Ramshot changed the name to plain Accurate Powders. And instead of selling the SAME powders as Accurate Arms (which were often surplus powders, and made in various places) they started having them made in the same powder factory in Florida that already made H414 and W760--which is why A2700 is indeed the same powder, and has been for quite a while.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck