Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
To be honest I bought it for the fit, something about Monte Carlo stocks that fit me perfectly.

You just made the most sensible quote on the fire with this statement.
There was a time when I likely wrote more artlcles on Weatherby's than the other writers combined and the reason for that was rifle fit. Owning 2 John Rigby rifles taught me something mere words fail.

I am glad we agree AussieGunWriter.

Whenever asked by friends: "Which rife would you recommend?" I always respond with "The one that fits you best!"

I learned this long ago, in my youth, specifically when shooting shotguns when your eye-to-bead alignment is crucial and essential when shooting at fast-moving birds like Teal, Ruffed Grouse, or Woodcock in the bush.

You have a lot more time when lining up a shot at Big Game however, it's nice when you bring your rifle up for the shot and you do not have to fiddle to see properly through the scope, especially if you are taking a shot at game on the run.

The reason why I bought my Weatherby .300 Win Mag, is that it offered perfect alignment over all other rifles. The guy at the gun counter most likely thought I had lost my mind when I handled every single brand they had for sale, there were lots, and I was aiming them several times before I picked the Weatherby Ultralightweight.

If the rifle or shotgun does not fit never buy it. A good rule of thumb to follow for every shooter.

Happy shooting and G'day Mate

cool

PS: Me at a gun counter buying a firearm hahaha

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/15/24.

KB