Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by djb
People seem to get a excited over these mega gas stations. Wawa, Sheets, etc. ..Wawa does make a good sandwich but I never saw the fascination. Well, we were visiting friends in Houston and drove out to the Hill Country. We stopped at Buc-ee's. I have to admit it was a cool store. Warm candied pecans, jerky everywhere, hunting supplies, and a pretty darn good brisket sandwich. Very clean bathrooms. Impressive and blows the other truck stops away IMHO. Texans got a good thing going there.

F Buc-ee's.

And they are NOT a truck stop!

Despite their size, they are adamant that trucks are NOT welcome.
F' you truckers if you gotta poop, want a coffee, or are hungry.
(It's OK for a truck to deliver fuel, food, soda, beer, snacks....)

Never been to one,
as much as I'd like to I wouldn't give them my money.

Dillonbuck, AKA "Sawdust" (A former longhaul driver that appreciated a bathroom and coffee)

And kudos to them for not allowing trucks/truckers. There are plenty of other truck stops around for them.

Except there aren't. 1 parking spot for every 11 trucks in this country.

That's not Bucees' problem.

Didn't say it was but you claim there "plenty of other truck stops around for them" which isn't a Buc-ees' thing either yet it's wrong. It's demonstrably false that there's enough truck stops/truck parking for truckers.

Dillon's point was they're rather hypocritical. Trucks and drivers are good enough to keep their business going but not good enough to be customers.

Regardless - they all suck compared to a Kwik Trip.

Me