Originally Posted by Crow hunter
There are truck stops at almost every exit here in the south, plenty of places that cater to truckers. Buc-ee's doesn't want big rigs cluttering up the parking lot and blocking their paying customers, they want travelers coming in and out quickly which is what I want to do also. It's annoying as hell to try to pay for a coke & potato chips at a truck stop and getting behind a trucker paying for fuel who takes 10 minutes to give 47 pages of information to the cashier to charge their fuel. I've never waited more than 30 seconds for a cashier to open up at a Buc-ee's. They cater to families and the bathrooms are spotlessly maintained, they know that Mama decides where to stop and they don't want to walk into a place where some beer bellied trucker who can't see his pecker has pissed all over the toilet seat. Notice Buc-ee's doesn't have tables and chairs inside either, everything is grab and go, they want the customers in and out quickly.

I'm sure truckers are welcome at Buc-ee's just like anyone else, just not while driving their rigs. There are a gazillion truck stops, go to one of them and leave the rest of us a decent place to stop.

Couldn't say it better myself, even though I tried! The cleanest truck stop in America don't hold a candle to Bucees. My dad was in marketing with Skelly Oil Co/Getty/Texaco for a couple of decades, primarily in the truck stop sector. He always said the best places were very well lit, very clean, and had good food. As you said, it can be packed and you won't wait in line to check out more that a minute or two at most. They are a cash flow machine.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.