The image mirroring is a bit confusing. I've seen camera setups where images are mirrored. I.e. Facing the camera, if I wave might my right hand the screen image is lifting its left. I also encounter some set ups that display the proper orientation.

As to handguns: Likely I could not shoot my way out of a paper bag. With a rifle and a couple seconds of time, I THINK I'd be fairly deadly.

Back on handguns: Years back as teenagers, a buddy and I were out wood chucking in Va in the company of a neighboring career Marine instructor. While paralleling a brushed-up cornfield fence row, he repeatedly decked feeding pigeons out to 50 or 60 yds with his 1911. While not adrenaline-charged shots, I was impressed. He pulled a couple out of the air too, as they were doing their orientation circle on takeoff.

I have some current LEO acquaintances that have been in a couple exchanges. Most admitted that when surprised and the adrenalin kicked in, they were in spray and pray mode.

If the event was a pursuit where the perp eventually emerges on the fight, there was a bit more purpose and focus in their actions.

With either situation though, I suspect training helps.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/20/24.

1Minute