Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by ol_mike
How big of a real world difference is there between the TTSX and the LR-X long range bullet?
Pertaining to expansion.
Based on a limited sample size with the LRX, my initial impression is that the LRX expands more aggressively than the TTSX, which expands more aggressively than the TSX. The 127 gr 6.5mm and 145 gr 7mm LRX seem fairly willing to shed petals when they hit bone, even at fairly low impact speed. In terms of penetration, the TTSX and TSX exit so often that I haven't be able to observe a noticeable difference between them, but of the handful of LRX bullets that my hunting buddies and I have shot into deer (ranging from 100 lbs to ~400 lbs) and moose, I have seen a much higher percentage fail to exit compared to the TTSX and TSX. Again, this is a limited sample size and more game shooting may reveal that the first handful of kills contained a few anomalies.
If they're more willing to shed petals do they do as much damage to vitals or is sample size too small to make that determination?
Based on the small sample size with the LRX (8 critters so far, IIRC), it does more damage than what I typically see with the TTSX and TSX.
👍🏻👍🏻

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!