hicountry,

Understood. Can't say I really disagree with you regarding the price of the Weatherby's. Mine was sitting on the shelf for over a year I was told and I purchased it for nearly $400 below book retail (which is the price of some of Reminton's better guns). Mine is the Sporter with the Claro stock. I feel it was a great deal and the rifle is more accurate than I. It holds groups greater than an inch but less than 1.5" regularly. It has gone below one inch a couple times ... not sure who's fluke it was mine or the rifle's. All this is with factory fodder, be it from Weatherby or Federal. Hoping with some handloading (& lots of practice) those groups will shrink ... if they don't I'm not going to worry about it for now, even at 1.5" its nothing to fret about at 200 yards (my self imposed limit ... not the rifles).

Went to the ye ole shoppe the other day and looked at the prices of the synthetics (donor for a .375) and about pooped myself. What was around $680 a couple of years ago is now close to $900. Too much ... I will agree. But I have years to worry about that project.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...