I've never owned a Bob, but I used to own a 6mm Remington on a Rem 700 SA. That cartridge had a lot of things that were pretty desirable, but I did not like the fact that I could not load to the cartridge design Max COL (2.825") without having feeding issues within the magazine. This was due to the short Remington box. A 257 Roberts (or 6mm Rem, or 7x57, et.al) on a Winchester SA would make a lot more sense to me due to the significantly longer box. If the 257 Roberts was as readily available as the 7mm-08, I'd have one by now - considering the ballistics, for deer hunting it is hard to imagine anything more suitable. Given the right box length, there is nothing to recommend a 25-08 over the Bob other than maybe a minutia difference in action weights based on manufacturer.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."