Mule Deer,

"Just out of curiousity, how many of you who think it should be legitimized ALREADY have a .25-08?"

I don't because I have owned several of the following.

250-3000
257imp
25-06
257 wby

My point is that I had some fun with wildcats but I am no longer willing to build rifles that require brass that does not match the stamp on the barrrel. I had some fun experimenting but now I am culling the herd and sticking with just a few cartridges. I like just about any 25cal.

Rifle loonieism has nothing to do with logic and general fun at the loading bench but I do try to apply logic to this case.

If 25s have a good history in the US, say the 250-3000, 257, 25-06 and 257 wby, why not a 25 on the very popular 308 case.

Certainly, it's not going to change the world but it makes sense to me for the reasons I tried to explain in previous posting on this subject.

I am convinced that if you decided that you could honestly like a 25-308 and use one with regularity and wrote about it on occasion, a market could be built to support a commercial cartridge.

It would not happen overnight but I do belive it would take. the 243 is a fine deer cartridge but it still has some folks say it is not enough for deer or make excuses for poor shooting.

I think the 25-308 could steal some of the 243s thunder and you are just the guy who could get it done.

I bought three 6.5x55s after reading your articles, on three occasions!