Originally Posted by MoccasinJoe1
Originally Posted by medicman
what function problems with the CZ I was thinking seriously about it

Were you asking that of me? If so my partner's CZ Safari was prone to not ejecting a spent shell case. He had bought it as a used rifle and though I may be incorrect I doubt he put more than 5 boxes of ammo thru it prior to the trip.
As we faced his wounded buff he shot it a second time, and the rifle did not eject as he worked the bolt. I was able to free the spent shell case with my Leatherman and give him back the rifle so he could finish what he started.

I wouldn't be scared off the CZ's because of this report; any rifle that hasn't been thoroughly checked can fail when being operated under stress. If you buy a CZ, I would highly recommend sending it to American Hunting Rifles (www.hunting-rifles.com) for their package which includes a new trigger, three position safety and straightening the bolt handle. AHR will slick up the feeding and perform function checks as part of that package and for 500 bucks it's a heck of a deal. With that package, assuming you're buying new, a CZ 458 will run you about 1350 bucks, which is just below the Ruger RSM.