Not to belabor the point,but the .458 Winchester and the .458 Lott in the CZ 550 seem to be built on the same action and the same magazine.I loaded several rounds with the TSX way out,to duplicate the length OAL of the Lott,based on info two other campfire members with the same rifle had forwarded to me.
The rounds worked through the mag and chambered slick as you please.
With a long bullet like that,seated out,it should be theoretically possible to get enough powder under it to pretty much duplicate Lott loads,and still be able to have enough bullet in the case to hold it securely and crimp it thoroughly as well.I cycled and fired those rounds without a problem.They were loaded slightly hotter than the 71.5 of H4895 that MoccasinJoe and I had standardized on,73.5 grains I believe,but they were still in the upper range for the winchester as opposed to true Lott loadings.
I haven't been able to get my hands on any Lott brass,so I don't know if that would chamber,but the leade is definately long enough for that OAL.I suspect that extra overall length,just before the projectile actually enters the chamber might have been part of the problem.
At any rate,I haven't been able to get that jam to repeat,even with a couple hundred rounds loaded with Remington .458 RNSPs loaded for practice,which is even shorter than the TSX loaded for standard .458 OAL.If I were to contemplate DG hunting again,I'd be sure to have the inside surfaces of the rails slicked up,as that's where the nose of the bullet hung up,and remember to operate the bolt smartly,which admittedly I don't think I have always done in practice,though at the time,I thought I had done in that situation.