JPK, I think you have a better understanding of the 458 Win. Mag. than anyone I've ever read the posts of on these forums. Based on the way lighter 370 gr. North Fork solids & softs have worked for me in the 416 Rem. Mag., I'd feel totally confident with the lighter North Fork .458 bullets out of the 458 Win. Mag. as well. SOMEONE of time and resource needs to pick up that bullet line and then hire Mike Brady to run the production side for a while until those ropes are learned.

The 458 Lott's a fine and versatile chambering, especially since you can shoot regular 458 Win. Mag. ammo in a pinch. The biggest problem with the Lott is that many gunsmiths do not know how to properly rework the receiver and magazine system to optimize magazine capacity, perfect feeding, and efficient reloading, plus many of the magazine boxes are made of very poor steel that gets badly battered from bullet noses (especially solids) under recoil. Rifles like the Ruger Magnum are just-plain too heavy, and some of the imported rifles are too crudely built.......

AD