Originally Posted by SmittyoftheNorth
Ken Howell: � Based on my somewhat limited experience using Quickload, and a measure of common sense, I am convinced of the following.

Quickload is a poor substitute for even a SINGLE loading manual.

Quickload predicts pressures. On the basis of �equations�, it can�t always predict correctly, what your pressure will be, as well as a Loading Manual does, BUT you will have a tendency to believe the predictions, especially after a few times when you find that your pressures/velocities are very similar to what Quickload predicted for you.

You will learn to trust them too much, and that�s where you can get into trouble.

Loading Manuals are based on actual testing, and are written to err on the safe side, and that�s a better way to go even for the most learned handloaders, IMO.

I consider it irresponsible to recommend that someone use Only, Quickload for a loading guide. They do so at their own risk. �

If you knew and understood the criteria, facts, principles, and logic that support my conclusion, you'd agree with me.

BTW, I don't remember recommending that anyone use only QuickLOAD as a loading guide, and I definitely remember saying that any trial load has to be tested in a specific rifle. Please don't attribute to me anything that I haven't said, especially when you want to discredit it.

Limited experience with QL, like limited experience with handloading, is a damn poor basis for offering useful advice to others, anyway.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.