Casual, shallow, superficial use of QuickLOAD can be dangerous. Casual, shallow, superficial use of a manual is equally certain to be dangerous. QL offers much, much more than all the manuals put together. Getting full benefit from it requires long, careful, studious use. It is illogical to compare studious use of a manual to superficial use of QuickLOAD.

QL abounds with caveats and cautions. I doubt that its critics have delved deep enough into QL to have read, for example, "These calculations refer to your specified settings in QuickLOAD 'Cartridge Dimensions' window"
or
"C A U T I O N : any load listed can result in a powder charge that falls below minimum suggested loads or exceeds maximum suggested loads as presented in current handloading manuals. Understand that all of the listed powders can be unsuitable for the given combination of cartridge, bullet and gun. Actual load order can vary, depending upon lot-to-lot powder and component variations. USE ONLY FOR COMPARISON!"
or
"This program assumes use of the mildest primer that will do the job in the specified load. Primer substitutions can raise chamber pressures to unsafe levels [�] equally, bullet substitutions often result in significant chamber pressure differences."

No one can fairly, justly, or intelligently judge QuickLOAD � or compare its use to the use of a manual � without learning and considering what it is and what it offers.

Finally, with either QL or a manual, "the proof is in the pudding" � only careful field tests in an actual firearm can really tell you whether you have a good, safe load. I've repeatedly said this, and QL freely and frequently admits its limitations. QL is far superior to the manuals in its ability to predict probable results.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.