Aframes would not make my short list for the 270. Exits on larger PG species will be near zero. They will mushroom huge, and do damage, but good luck with any trace of blood. They make the most picture perfect brochure class mushrooms of any bullet made. But that soft curved rounded edge simply gets caught into the exit side hide. I have joked many times that the impact and penetration does not kill animals with the Aframe. What kills them is the bungie cord effect of being smacked with the skin on the exit side returning to it's original location.

Aframes are an awsome bullet from higher velocity rifles, 7mm mag, 300 mag, etc. But from standard calibers when used on heavier game, with tougher hides, they will not exit. Entry holes .277 diameter with out an exit is an absolute problem in my opinion. I used the 165grain Aframes in the 30/06 for several years. Rather good success, but very few exits. Thinking back I would say maybe 50% exits on all game for an average. On bigger game the exits would have been near zero.

Switching to the 165TSX I'm gettting about 75% exits on all game shot at any angle. That bullet transforms the non-magnum cartridges into magnum status and delivers two holes nearly every time. If the 270 were my choice it would be with a 130grain TSX or TTSX.

For what it's worth!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)