Hello guys, please remember that there are two different companies you are talking about here. MRC manufactures actions and Montana Rifleman makes barrels. I own MRC along with my good friend Devin. My father owns Montana Rifleman. I can assure you that the barrels are all 100% hand lapped, I see them doing that everyday. Could one have slipped through the cracks..sure. But we have always "made it right" for the customer. Are some customers harder to please or in this case harder to supply? Sure, but we will try. As for the actions, how many of you guys who have posted the rough issues have recieved or seen an action that has been sent out lately? I have posted before letting you know that the new ownership has made the quality a priority. We now square and lap every reciever before they leave. Does that mean they are perfect from the box....well how could you define perfect when everyone has a different perception of that? We try to make them the best product that we can before they leave..that's it. But also, we are not the kind of people who will ignore customers questions, suggestions, or complaints. If you have an issue send me an email, pick up the phone and call us? As far as them being heavy actions...Well they are a little heavier than the Mod 70 because of the one piece bottom metal but other than that they are identical to the mod 70 in weight. They have the identical footprint to the model 70 with some internal modifications. If you want a M1999 lightweight ask us how, we have done that for 100's of customers and have taken out almost a full pound of weight for some actions. Has it hurt the integrity of the action? Absolutely Not! Anyway, I am not trying to sway the gentleman who did the original post here but this was more to the people who have had a bad experience in the past, call me if you have an issue, we'll work something out. I can't change your opinion of our company if you don't give me a chance. I try to stay off a lot of the forums because so many things can be construed wrong, but I have a lot of respect for Rick Bin and the people from this site, you have been good to us, and I felt this needed to be addressed.
Jeff