Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by castandblast
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
A guy I talked to who used to guide in Hells Canyon, where DRT kills "would be nice" to say the least, said that the 175 Partition from a 7-mag was their least favorite bullet for a client to be shooting at elk. They'd give that client to one of the new, young guides. Rodeo's (long tracking job, difficult retrievals) often ensued according to this gentleman.

Dunno.

-jeff

Surely you must admit that your attempt to steer folks away from the 175 Partition is based on zero experience with it yourself, and the "rodeos" could be explained by poor shot placement just as easily. confused

Get back to us when you "doono"....

Castandblast, calm the heck down. This isn't your party any more than it's mine.

I'd use the 175 Partition in a heartbeat. I was reporting something reported to me by a source I respect, as a point of interest. Nothing more, nothing less. I made that plenty clear.

-jeff

Until you've killed at least one elk, I could care less what you believe might work on them based on hearsay and Field and Stream. Same with Dall Sheep, and I'm plenty calm, thanks!

There's not one guy here who hasn't heard somebody with experience that they respect voice an opinion on such matters, the idea is to get that voice on here first-hand, not be their fill in. As in this example, it often backfires.