I fish Roosevelt Lake in Az exclusively when it comes to bass fishing. I have gone there four times and intend to return every week until it slows down in late June. It is finally beginning to liven up. It is post spawn and the fish will attack a popper early and late. The surface water temps are 66 for the low and 72 for the highs as of last week.

The lake is undergoing a bloom. It hit its full potential this spring at 99% full since the dam was built higher around 15 years ago. We had our first real fill three years ago at 96% full. The spawn from three years ago have the lake full of 2-3 lb fish.

I caught a 26" female last monday at dawn, my largest since I began fishing that lake over 25 yrs ago.

[Linked Image]

I keep a tally book on the conditions, number caught etc. So far this year it has been slow due to all the cold fronts. Caught 140 bass both smallmouth and largemouth in four outings. Should be good fishing till the water temps ( and air temps) make it unpleasant for all concerned for day fishing.

Good fishing this spring and summer!