You do not see many Rem 1100 on the sporting clay circuit. The reason is most can't keep them running and they require a lot of maintenance to do so. Don't know how much you shoot a shotgun, but if you�re a high volume shooter-i.e. 10,000 rounds/year-I would not recommend the 1100. It really is a shame, because if Remington beefed up the parts and made it more durable, high volume shooters would use it. Points like a dream and the trigger can be adjusted to be excellent.

Most Benelli gas guns I have come across in sporting are lighter than the 1100, but some aftermarket parts like tube extensions can change that for little money. The Benelli is a much simpler and more reliable shotgun. They will take a beating with minimal maintenance.

By far the Beretta 391 series is the shotgun of choice among shotguns used in sporting. However IMO the Benelli is the best of the bunch. They are both semis that require minimal maintenance and will work. I know shooters that have 100,000 rounds out of both. Yes some parts have been replaced, but a Rem 1100 with that many rounds would be in pieces. I don't like it, but that is just the way it is.

Loyal Rem. 1100 users are probably not going to like this, but I shoot a lot of Sporting tournaments and it is rare to see one being used, while Beretta and Benelli are quite common.

If they made them more reliable I would use one.

Last edited by battue; 09/15/08.

laissez les bons temps rouler