Kaiser Norton: You are correct in that I already have enough 204's - but even the inference that "someday" the manufacture of Rifles in 204 Ruger will OR may cease, I think is highly unlikely conjecture.
The 204 Ruger is simply such an outstanding "all around Varminting cartridge" that I can't imagine the all around Varminting Rifle market being devoid of this top option!
I am sure as long as there may be Varmint Hunting with Rifles and bullets, there will be Rifle's in 204 Ruger caliber made - again I am quite sure of that.
It does look like the VarmintWife has bailed me out of this "fix" I have found myself in - whereas I spent my fuel money for the upcoming Big Game Hunting Season on Varmint Rifles and a "glitzy" scope!
Due to the benevolence (along with a stern lecture) of the VarmintWife she has fronted me more monies for my passions (Varmint Rifles & Hunting!).
I do know this - it will be into the next year (2,009) before I can scope the 204 Ruger- maybe even as distant as income tax return time 2,009?
You only live once!
You're a long time dead!
Its only money!
So many Rifles - so little time!
We only pass this way once!
Thanks again all, for your concerns and advice.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy