I have a .22PPC built by my gunsmith out of a 40X. He put on a Douglas barrel because the Hart barrel was shot out, but I got the rifle and a 36 Leupold, his Wilson dies and brass for $1500. It's by far the most accurate rifle in the safe, and always manages to put a smile on my face when I shoot a little tenth of an inch group. I have a 5/100 inch group on the wall next to my reloading table. I have two friends with 222 Rem's, one a Remington, one a Savage. I reload for them, and I have seen half inch groups from both. It's nice for obliterating the occasional woodchuck and such, but walking up to a target and finding one little hole is cool. I guess I'm getting to the part where I would want to know how they shoot. The other concern is how much time your willing to spend reloading. The PPC is the only caliber I use tap dies and neck size for. It's a lot of extra work if your not used to it. I have a custom chamber and your factories might not require turning, but you may want to clean off the high spots.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson