I just got a pheonix machine, very nice reciever (old Nesika Bay). It has not been timed and fit yet to the PTG bolt, hopefully there are not a bunch of issues. Both look to be quality products. So I have high hopes. I will report back when the barrel gets here. Leade time was about 3 weeks.

My next action will most likly be a Stiller. I do agree with Butch. Cosmetically there are others that would look better in a sexy piece of walnut. My last build a Banser stock fit the project better than a McMillian. Is Banser better, well this time it was. Next one a Banser might not have even be considered. The Stiller looks right at home in a Swirly. IMHO I think building a hunting rifle or a live varmit rifle any of the 700 clones would be the same as an aftermarket barrel. I doubt the average shooter will see any difference in any of the bigger names. Same holds true, use the one that makes you feel good and your gunsmith likes. All will hold there value better than a worked over 700, for the same or less money.