Yeah, Dude....You have to watch the "stuff" posted on forums...there are more armchairs per forum site than in all the homes in America combined....Hahahahahahaha...watch me too...I like to twist a tail now and then.

I was being more than a little facetious there with the "NO ONE" toot...and refering to what amounts needed to be sold for a factory to come up with one...I consider 375 cal to be a minimum "Big Bore"...there are quite a few that fall into that catagory that "could" be produced very quickly by gun makers...the absence of which speaks volumes...ipso facto..."NO ONE" wants them.

Anyone having a SA rifle that wants a "Big Bore" can pick from among several good "standards" and almost "standard" wildcats or cases from a long list availale from PacNor or several other barrel makers and have a prefit barrel made for around $300 and just screw it in and go shooting, and dies are available at CH4D or RCBS and most of the die makers will make dies for almost any "standard" case.

Those interested can visit CH4D at http://www.ch4d.com/ to see a list of available dies which will give you some idea of all the iterations that have been thought of over the years...wildcatting has been around since gunpowder was invented.

Those that want something "special" just need to pay the demurrage.

The 9.3x62mm is too long for a SA but the 9.3x350RM would work just as well, they both have similar case capacities and can be taken up to 416...but the WSM case has a higher capacity so would be the better case to base a SA "Big Bore" on.

Dude...you already have an action designed for the fat case and the bolt face to match...you could have a 416-458 WSM for a 500 dollar bill and a few weeks wait...and with a little work on the rails and case head/length you could turn a Rigby case into a 50 cal that would work through your action...I know this "stuff" because I've already researched it...just can't afford going MAXIMUM and WAY to wussy to deal with the resulting stomp on my pocket book or other parts of my anatomy.

I like the 416 caliber...it has hi BC's and hi SD's for it's bullets and SD is what you want for penetration...kinda like engines...torque maintains, but HP sustains...Torque turns the wheels but horsepower is what keeps the torque working.

And as I said...you don't need to go catting around...just do a 458 WM and seat a 400 gr bullet to 3.1 COL...I guarantee you will get a "kick" out of doing it. Don"t believe me just take a look at Hodgdons 2006...I get full 458 WM ballistics at pressures my SMLE will handle without any problems at all.

....AND...for the most part...there are few critters in NA that can't be handled by the 30-30 if take within the range of the cartridge.

I use larger calibers because they kill quicker and don't destroy as much meat and in the past few years I've been going to hard cast bullets at lower velocities.

I don't get bullets blowing away large chunks of meat when the bullet hits a shoulder bone...the bullet just goes right on busting up everything it hits, leaving a nice bleed hole on the other side and the animal doesn't take more than a couple of steps at the most.

I have rifles up to 54 cal and I load for the animal and ranges I will hunt, which means roughly 200 yards max.

A 300 gr .375, 400 gr .416 or 500 gr .458 bullet trotting along from 2000 to 2400 f/s will drop Joe Bugler in a heap quick time...and a 416 WSM will do that handily.