blackdogs: I have owned two Dakota's; a 30/06 wood/blue,and my present one which is chambered in 7mmDakota(just "because" smile.I have also owned a slew of custom rifles by various makers and can say that the Dakota "build"was like falling off a log.

I said "do this",and they did it.The rifle functions and shoots beautifully.It "feels" more like a pre 64 M70 than anything else I've tried to date.

It puts 150 Swift S'2s and 140 AB's into tiny groups.Some days I'm a 1/2 MOA shooter,and some days I'm not,but the rifle has shot enough groups of that size that I'm convinced it will outshoot me.The 30/06 was owned back when the 76 first came out.It was very accurate,functioned flawlessly, and I regret selling it.

If I did not have several 270's already,wanted to build one, and was willing to spend the money,a Dakota 76 would top my list out of stuff made today.I would use a Kreiger #1 contour finished at 22-23".I have one of those on a M70 action and it's a very accurate barrel for something as light as it is.

Can't help with the Cooper or the Sub MOA as I have owned neither one.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/03/09.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.