My Dakota 76 is one of my favorite rifles. I believe only it and the Cooper are machined after hardening. I could sell mine for more than I paid for it but never will. I am always looking for others. When I purchased a LH model 70 safari I had discussed the options with Norma Allen, I wish I had taken her advice and gone with the Dakota.

I would like to go on record commending Dan Cooper for his support of Obama as well as the entire state of Montana. Not only do I like the country in Montana but respect the residents of that state for being independent thinkers with a fierce sense of what is right. This individual thinking and the open ranges need to be preserved. Just look at what has already happened on the front range and in Wyoming next time you question his choice.

I will consider the Cooper 52 when they put a traditional hinged floor plate on them, I believe there are plans to do this.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli