Well want and need real or imagined are two different things. I had a Dakota 76 in 270 I bought it used and paid less that what some Mid price Bino's are going for, sold it for North of 4K and got a Blaser R-93. It shot fine, for a hunting rifle and that was what it was, I also had a Dakota Single shot in 280, could never get it to shoot as well as it should have, plenty accurate for hunting, I sold it, to a fellow that wanted it and made a little on the deal. They are over priced for what you get, buy a used one if you can find one at a good price, I don't know anything about Cooper so I will not comment on it, As for Weatherby Vanguards, people like them, I had one in 270 back in 1974 for a while, shot fine. I have more trigger time with the Mark V Weatherby's German, then Japanese, then U.S. made in Saco Maine. All shot well for what they were hunting rifles chambered for hunting cartridges, 300, 7mm and 340 Weatherby Mags. That 7mm WM was of Japanese Made, and that rifle shot well better than well it would turn it 1.5 inch groups or better at 200 yards. It was not a light gun, I had a big Ziess 2.5 x 10 on it 30 mm tube. Used it mostly for crop damage deer shooting, Worked great, It was one of those deals, I bought the rifle for a song and put 1500 + dollars worth of glass on it, Sold the scope, when I down sided my gun collection, and that rifle went to a fellow that was a lot smarter than me, he put a fixed 6x leupold on it, 42 mm I think and been shooting deer and elk with it ever since. Problem with the Mark V's they are not light weight guns, my favorite Sako 75 in 338 is lighter that that 7mm. Buy what you what to shoot, and can afford and never mind what anybody says about it. I myself would love an Echol's done over M-70 in Say 300 H+H, JB you shot one you know why I just think about it to much. Never mind the cost, if you have ask as the saying goes.

Last edited by gmsemel; 01/03/09.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov