Few people sorely tried my pastor father's long patience, but he had virtually none for ministers who used their honored positions to take advantage of trusting people. But he could joke about this sleazy practice, with this yarn (for example) that carries the point � a rather sharp point.<P>A man bought a horse from a preacher for what he thought was a good deal. But when he hitched it to the plow, it wouldn't pull the plow.<P>"Oh, the preacher forgot to tell me this is a wagon horse."<P>So he hitched it to the wagon, and it wouldn't pull the wagon.<P>"Well, that preacher forgot to tell me this is a buggy horse."<P>The horse wouldn't pull the buggy, either.<P>"Hmm, the preacher forgot to tell me this is a saddle horse."<P>But the horse wouldn't stand for a saddle. So the man went to talk things over with the preacher.<P>"Preacher, that hoss you sold me won't pull nothin' and won't let me put a saddle on him, neither."<P>"A deal's a deal!" The preacher huffed up a bit. "You don't expect me to buy 'im back, do you?"<P>"Oh, no!" the man said. "I'd jes' like to borrow your collar 'n' coat long enough to sell 'im."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.