Many die-hard fisherman, especially some (NOTE: SOME!) fly fisherman are definitely anti-hunting, so I wouldn't take Chouinard's fishing hobby as definitive proof of his stance toward hunting.

My guess is that Patagonia as a corporation goes out of its way to avoid being either pro- or anti- hunting. I would surmise that many, even most, Patagonia employees are anti-hunting.

Like many "liberal" companies, Patagonia has a military line, and many folks here scored some great deals when it all went on sale. I love my alpha green R1 pullover! Companies aren't afraid to make a buck.

The dull colors seem to be more in vogue now, with many companies. Maybe that's an attempt to market to hunters, maybe the result of a push against "visual pollution" and maybe it's just that those colors that are in style. I find it hard to believe that's the result of an attempt to market - in a clandestine manner - to hunter. Whatever the cause, I'm enjoying it. I prefer quality, non-camo but drab-colored clothing.

Every piece of Patagonia gear I have is still going strong, except for one - a bathing suit that lasted about 15 years, including years of surfing in Hawaii and kayaking in Colorado. I re-sewed the velcro numerous times before my wife caught me by surprise and threw it out!

I was reading their catalog a few days ago and it had a caribou article. I think I threw it out but I'll have to look.