Originally Posted by JRaw
Like many "liberal" companies, Patagonia has a military line, and many folks here scored some great deals when it all went on sale. I love my alpha green R1 pullover! Companies aren't afraid to make a buck.

The dull colors seem to be more in vogue now, with many companies. Maybe that's an attempt to market to hunters, maybe the result of a push against "visual pollution" and maybe it's just that those colors that are in style. I find it hard to believe that's the result of an attempt to market - in a clandestine manner - to hunter. Whatever the cause, I'm enjoying it. I prefer quality, non-camo but drab-colored clothing.

I've read articles on avoiding mosquitoes and such that would suggest the drab colors are partially to avoid "visual pollution", but also for the fact vivid colors seem to attract bees and mosquitoes. For bees, it's more that you're like a bright flower, and for the mosquitoes, it's something to do with the contrasts of dark and light colors.

John Morgan

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci