I did for years, in fact it was my go-to rig.

Since the facelift? I absolutely do hunt it, it just doesn't get scraped against a backpack anymore! wink I haven't shot anything with it since Greydog did the work so no hero pics. Saw stuff, just nothing I wanted to shoot.

It's really not that much, just a nice old fwt barrelled action with the sights taken off, a plug filling the rear dovetail and reblued. The bolt was showing some tarnish so Greydog jeweled it. The stock is a really dense piece of English in a Jerry Fisher featherweight design that I got from Heritage Walnut. Blackburn bottom metal and I believe a Fisher grip cap. Simple really. But it was done by someone who knows how and as importantly cared about the work he was doing. It perfectly fits "my" idea of what a custom walnut stocked rifle should look like. And it cost less than a lot of the stainless and fiberglass rifles we see on here!

Next time you're in western Canada you should shoot your animal with it.

Last edited by RickF; 01/31/09.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.