Appearently I wasn't too clear with my comments about counting calories. My suggestion was to keep a food diary and that would allow you to see what was going into your body and give you a starting point as to what the average calories you intake. This is still important as the calories are the stored energy. With this information you can adjust what food is kept at home and what is purchase when you go out. Since ultimately unused calories and fats are all stored in the same place...as fat, losing weight means you burn more calories than you take in. I NEVER recommended not eating. While on my fat loss program my trainer restrcicked my caloric intake to stop one side of the problem. Part of the programs was a tailored diet for me consisting of foods that would fuel my body and do so throughout the day(small meals). The calories were adjusted to be more in the early part of the day and less at the end. After several weeks and lots of weight loss(about 25-30#s) my trainer was going to take my caloric intake down a little to increase my ability to burn fat stores(increse metabolism) and match more what my body needed at the reduced weight. I did ultimately gain back 20 of the 40 pounds I lost but that was my fault not the programs. And with the exception of starting the program I was not usually hungry to the point of being ravenous.

Double D

2 Chronicles 7:14

"Liberty is always dangerous,but it's the safest thing we have."- Harry Emerson Fosdick

Chasing the Doe and not seeing the Bucks!