Opening speech was exceptional, with all the polish (minus the subtle fatherly aspect) of Reagan and the crisp execution of Clinton, if not better; this guy really knows how to lay in a speech...gotta respect that.

Question answering. Very measured, but his answers go on forever, and when you do that, everyone in the room knows you're making it up as you go along. His response to the Iran question was really weak. You get the sense that he understands the gravity of the situation, and has put some thought to it, but in the end, hasn't come up with a damn thing...welcome to the presidency; no one for the last 30 years has had a real answer to the Iran thing.

It was encouraging to hear that he feels that a nuclear Iran is a destabilizing thing in the middle east, and this is the first time I've heard him mention Israel in any sort of sympathetic mannor. I get the impression that the pentagon has been briefing him and that reality is starting to gain some small ground over leftist ideology.

Keep in mind, I'm very independent, so I don't see things as a Republican or a Democrat. I see the good and bad, and I don't necessarily see Obama as a whole lot worse than Bush or McCain. I just see the areas where they suck as different.

I welcome some of Obama's foreign policy and even some of his domestic policy; and then I cringe on some of his foreign policy as well as his domestic policy...Just like I did under Bush.

Why can't they be reasonable and do things my way???