No energy plan, without increasing short/mid term supply, will be effective. The Dem's have paid lip service to alternative energy for decades, but when the time comes to build it, they don't want it in their backyard. One need only look to Cape Cod and the support the limousine liberals have given the Cape Wind project.

Investing in alternative energy is fine with me, but we've heard this song the last three presidents and worse, this one has no interest in keeping supply up in the interim, until the investments can pan out or be built. The result will be European oil prices in a country that requires cheap transportation to survive. We don't have European ass transit and we're three times as large as Europe, not to mention we are not urban centric like they are. The result will be further economic heartache in order to make a few of Obama's special interest groups happy and what happens if technology isn't there after the investments to keep up with rising demand and decreasing domestic supply? He's betting our future on a horse that's never raced.

We will have to agree to disagree on Iran. I'll bet a case of beer, kissing their arse won't net us any change and his approach will likely weaken our standing in the middle east as these people do not respect weakness, which is what Iran is already perceiving from Obama by their mocking of him this past week.

Missile shields aren't high on my priority list. You may be right, you may not be. I simply haven't given it much thought as a high priority issue.

I have to say if those few items are enough to leave you enthusiastic, I envy the small plate you're concerned with. Obama's policies that have me nervous and concerned, number in the dozens.

[Linked Image]