Grimace, I'll try to remember to post a response and shoot you a PM comparing the three boots after I put some time in with the Wapitis. If I forget and you are still interested, you might want to remind me! My schedule is pretty bad until April, but I'll sttart breaking them in before on some weekend trips. In April I have to go to the fancy eye doc in Portland, and since I'll be there on April 14th I'll do Mt. Hood. (Probable in the Lowas, unless it is really cold, then I'll rent plastics, ack.) Then spring bear in May, so I'll give them a work out then.
As far as the Cabelas Mt. Hunters go compared to the Sheephunters, they are both super boots. I think the Cabelas is a little more comfortable for general hunting use, and a lot of that has to do with it is a little less stiff in the sole. I like the rand on the Sheephunters. If I know I'll be in the steep stuff with a load, I'd pick the Lowas. However, for me, no matter how I lace them, the Lowas give me a little pressure across my instep, cutting of some of the circulation. If I lace them like I should to hike in, my feet will be a little colder because of this. Again,this is what I've found, trying to fault them. They are both nice boots.
I've tried a bunch of insloes and the Spenco Hikers work best for me. With those in my boots, my poly liners, and my Thorlos, my feet are as happy as they can be.
I also ordered a pair for a friend. I've been trying to talk him into buying a real pair of boots for years. I hope they fit him and work out. The only problem will be that I have been trying to keep up with him for over twenty years while he wears his cheapos with slick soles, leaks, and no support. Now I'll have an even harder time hiking as fast as he does!

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221